Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Huh... Bertuzzi, eh?

Yup, he's a Red Wing again. I know I'm going to take heat for this, but I'm ok with it, for the most part. Honestly, Big Bert should not even be in the league. Most people would agree to that. However, he is in the league and he has the ability to score. If he gets 20 goals at $1.5 million, I say it's a win. What I don't like is having someone with such a dirty reputation on our team. As if we don't get made fun of enough for our city.

This is going to be an interesting year for Detroit. In the event that all the 'IF's' actually happen for Detroit, then I see us as a cup contender. If not, then probably a first or second round exit.

What bugs me about all of this is when Detroit fans decide to get ticked at Ken Holland. I've said it before: Welcome to the salary cap. If this was 2003, Mike Ilitch would have opened up his wallet and POOF! Hoosa would have stayed and we probably would have added another star. Well, it's 2009 and POOF! We have retreads up the ying-yang. Relax, Red Wings fans. The rest of the league has the same issues as us right now. Notice all the one year contracts? Since the cap didn't go up a whole heck of a lot, it looks to me like GM's around the league are pretty much holding their breath and waiting to see what happens next year. If this was NHL09, most teams would be simulating until April just to get to the next season ASAP.

Still, I'm really looking forward to this season. Anything can happen in hockey so don't be surprised if Detroit brings the cup back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment