Thursday, July 2, 2009

Minor League Jerseys Gone Wrong

Everyone loves going to see their local minor league hockey team. If they only care to see a good fight, even someone who does not know the rules of the game can enjoy the minors. The tickets are cheap and you can get a pop and a hot dog for under $5. However, team owners need to make money somehow and since they usually don't have huge TV contracts and big name sponsors, they get creative with their marketing. One of the ways they do this is having the team play a game or two in a special jersey that they then auction off to the highest bidder. Some jerseys are just a subtle change in design or an alternate logo on the chest. Others... well, you'll see.
Disco Night! WooHoo! I don't know who this team is, but I'm sure I could find out. However, out of respect for the brave souls that had to wear this in front of thousands of people, I'll try to keep it a secret.
Shiver me timbers! These be the worst uniforms I be seein in a sea turtles age! This guy looks like he's thinking, "Aaaaar... Where be me agent? I'll be cuttin him down for this and be sendin him to Davy Jones' Locker. Aaar..." Poor team. They will always remember this as the day they ALMOST looked cool during a hockey game.This one is great. It's not everyday you see the players out-dress the coach. Complete with boutineer and all.Amazingly, this is NOT the third jersey of the Seattle Thunderbirds.Ha ha ha. Western Night with the Quad City Mallards. How humiliating. I wish I could have seen the looks on their faces when they were handed these abominations and told, "Hey, they're not that bad..." Just so you know, if you have to say "It's not that bad..." it IS.

No comments:

Post a Comment